42 Worldwide Jewish Students Win International Heritage Prize
About The Exhibit
Beit Hatfutsot – The Museum of the Jewish People Opens Official My Family Story Exhibit.
On Monday, June 9, 2014 from 16:00-17:30 The International School for Jewish Peoplehood Studies at Beit Hatfutsot – The Museum of the Jewish People is thrilled to welcome hundreds of students and their families from Israel and around the world to celebrate the annual My Family Story event.
My Family Story, a far-reaching educational initiative, is one of Beit Hatfutsot’s most innovative flagship programs. Through a yearlong curriculum, young participants in Israel and worldwide Jewish communities, embark on a fun and meaningful, personal, experiential, international and multigenerational Jewish heritage project. Through rigorous research and inspiring creativity the students produce a final art installation illustrating their personal exploration into their family roots and connection to the greater story of the Jewish people.
This year, 82 institutions, and more than 13,000 students in over a dozen countries participated in the My Family Story initiative in which 168 chosen artistic displays from around the world were submitted to the International Competition in Memory of Manuel Hirsch Grosskopf, the highlight of the program. Participating countries included: Argentina, Australia, Canada, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, Mexico, Russia, Spain, Ukraine, USA and Venezuela.
The 2014 Winners:
- Tal Sagiv, Gedera, Israel
- Yoni Ben Ami, Kiryat Ata, Israel
- Neta Ziv, Shefayim, Israel
- Noah Kalif, Shoham, Israel
- Aviv Elharar, Mazkeret Batya, Israel
- Ido Leiser, Gedera, Israel
- Shoham Chen, Kiryat Ata, Israel
- Elal Gilboa, Kochav Yair, Israel
- Shachar Zamir, Shefayim, Israel
- Hagar Yishai, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Lior Levin, Shoham, Israel
- Yarin Salfati, Israel
- Ethan Ben Dahan, Madrid, Spain
- Yoel Chocron, Madrid, Spain
- Taly Shifra Vainer Polischuk, San Jose, Costa Rica
- Jonathan Rozenbaum Bierzwinski, Mexico City, Mexico
- Alejandro Finkelstein Kaplan, Mexico City, Mexico
- Alan Yosef Taub Cohen, Caracas, Venezuela
- Jose Rosenfeld Eluani, Monterrey, Mexico
- Nurit Bistre Taifeld, Mexico City, Mexico
- Rafael Askenazi Shaooli, Mexico City, Mexico
- Tomas Misrahi, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Brooke Rubinoff, Toronto, Canada
- Sol Manor, Los Angeles, U.S.A.
- Talia Byrnes, Los Angeles, U.S.A.
- Evan Haimm, New Jersey, U.S.A.
- Yanai Ben Zvi, San Diego, U.S.A.
- Gabriel Simpser, San Diego, U.S.A.
- Gideon Aroni, Victoria, Australia
- Anastasia Champalova, Samara, Russia
- Michelle Chernokozinskaya, Zaporozhye, Ukraine
- Leana Cohen, Paris, France
- Danny Amarilio, Athens, Greece