Jews in Tianjin - Photos Donation Ceremony
04 November 2011
The Embassy of China in Israel and Beit Hatfutsot have the pleasure of inviting you to
Jews in Tianjin
Photo Donation Ceremony
Tianjin, a Metropolis in North China, was one of the most important cities Jews ever
inhabited in China. Around 150 historical photos have been collected by a Chinese
expert through 10 years of hard work from precious family albums of Jews in Israel,
the United States, Australia and other places of the world who all used to live in
Tianjin. All these photos reflect the hundred-year history of Jewish inhabitants in
Tianjin and will be donated to Beit Hatfutsot for permanent display in the future.
10:30-11:10 Photo Donation Ceremony:
- H.E. Mme. Gao Yanping, Ambassador of People’s Republic of China to the State of Israel
- Mr. Daniel Seaman, Deputy Director General of Ministry of Public Diplomacy and Diaspora Affairs, Israel
- H.E. Mr. Xiao Huaiyuan, Chairman of the Standing Committee of Tianjin Municipal People’s Congress, China
- Mr. Gad Ben-Ari, Senior Adviser, Board of Directors, Beit Hatfutsot
- Presentation on the photos
- Handover of the photos from Tianjin Daily to Beit Hatfutsot.
11:10-12:00 Guided tour at the Museum
Friday, November 4, 10:30 a.m.
Please RSVP by Tuesday, November 1:
For further information, please contact
Mr. Xie Yongjun, Embassy of China in Israel
|04 November 2011|