פארט א ייד קיין ארץ ישראל
The Land of Israel in Yiddish Culture
A series of lectures at the Museum of the Jewish People at Beit Hatfutsot, in cooperation with Beit Sholem Aleichem
Fridays, once a month at 9 am
Price: 560 NIS
Course is held in Hebrew
Course producer: Rivka Aderet | 03-7457908 | [email protected] | Academic counselor: Dr. Aviva Tal
Full course program:
Friday, March 6 2020
- “This Yiddish is typical to old Jerusalem”: the old Yishuv in Eretz Israel Yiddish travel books. Yaad Biran.
- Abraham Sutzkever brings back Yiddishland to life, in the State of Israel. Beni Mer.
Friday, April 3 2020
- Eretz Israel in Yiddish cinema from the turn of the 20th century. Rivka Aderet.
- Dzigan and Schumacher in Israel, 1950-1980. Dr. Diego Rotman.
Friday, May 15 2020
- The story of the לעצטע נײַעס newspaper in the 1950’s. Dr. Gali Druker Baram
- To Wander at Home. The Immigration experience, adjusting to Israel and longing for the old home, expressed in stories by Yossel Birstein and in songs written in Yiddish in Israel. Director: Dori Engel, musical arrangements: Misha Blecherovich, actors and players: Dori Engel, Miri Regendorfer and Misha Blecherovich.
Friday, June 12 2020
- From Metula to Eilat – Eretz Israel in the world of the Yiddish schools in Eastern Europe. Prof. Moti Zalkin.
- The Cedars’ Place – Zionist songs and hymns of the first aliot. Host: Dr. Aviva Tal, Singer: Vira Lozinsky, musical director and flute: Dr. Michael Lukin, pianist: Igor Ostrovsky.