By the Rivers of Babylon: Glimpses of Jews of Iraq
Course in Hebrew
2019-2020, Mondays once a fortnight, 4.15 pm – 7.45 pm
Course editor: Rivka Aderet | Academic consultant: Ariella Amar
Special thanks to Ms. Simona Benyamini, director of the Oster Visual Documentation Center, for the rare and unique visuals
All lectures are held in Hebrew
Monday, January 20, 2020
- The uniqueness, development, and future of the language spoken by Jews of Iraq. Dr. Asaf Ben Moshe.
- Baghdadis in the trade routes of the far east. Haim Ghiuzeli, director of Beit Hatfutsot Databases.
- Cinematic glimpses: films about the Balas and Mualem families, rare documentary films on the Jews of Iraq from Beit Hatfutsot collections. Rivka Aderet.
Monday, February 3, 2020
- The Jews of Kurdistan and their spoken Aramaic. Prof. Hezy Mutzafi.
- The Jews of Iraq and their unforgotten homeland – longings and concerns. Idan Barir.
Tuesday, February 3, 2020
- A festive concluding show – TBA