After the Second World War Jews returned to Baden. The synagogue of Baden was closed and the few surviving Jews of Baden lacked the means to reinstate the original purpose of the building. Therefore during the 1950s the services were held at the Esplanade Sanatorium. The first religious services commenced in summer 1952 and in the same year the Jewish Community was re-established.
In 2001 the Jewish population of Lower Austria was estimated at some 200, part of them living in Baden. In addition to the synagogue, the Jewish community of Baden maintains a chevra kadisha (Jewish burial organization) that is responsible for the old cemetery. There are no kosher stores and services in the city of Baden, the nearest ones are located in Vienna.