Welcome to the website of Beit Hatfutsot Ltd. (PBC) (the “Site”).
The Site is managed and operated by Beit Hatfutsot Ltd. (PBC) of __________ St., Tel Aviv (“Beit Hatfutsot” and/or the “Site Operator”). Wherever Beit Hatfutsot’s responsibility is specified, the intention is also to the responsibility of its employees, managers, owners, and persons acting on its behalf or in its stead.
This Site is intended for personal use only and not commercial.
- The site includes considerable information including, inter alia, files, illustrations, pictures, links, etc., and use thereof is subject to the terms and conditions specified below.
- The information provided on the Site is presented freely and free of charge and use thereof does not create any agreement and/or undertaking between the user and Beit Hatfutsot and/or anyone on its behalf and/or any other person connected in any way, directly and/or indirectly, to the Site and/or to the information therein.
- In any use that you make, you are required to give proper credit to Beit Hatfutsot in a clear manner, in the following wording ______________________, and at any relevant place, a link to Beit Hatfutsot’s Site should be added.
- The site’s users shall not use crawlers or spyware that are intended to collect information, including indexing activity, from the site.
- The site, including the content and the services offered thereon, are offered as-is, including the characteristics and restrictions thereof, and users shall have no claim and/or lawsuit and/or demand against Beit Hatfutsot and/or anyone on its behalf, in respect of the characteristics, restrictions and/or possibilities of the site or in connection with its suitability for the needs and requirements of the users.
- Beit Hatfutsot respects the privacy of the site’s surfers and users.
- When using the Site, information may accumulate regarding the pages that you have viewed, the services and information that interested you, the time you spent on the Site, the actions that you performed through the Site, etc
- The above information will be used by Beit Hatfutsot for statistical uses, which do not identify you personally. Beit Hatfutsot will be entitled to deliver the statistical information to a third party, provided that the data do not pertain to you personally or identify the users personally, unless the same is required pursuant to law and/or according to a decision of authorities and/or in the framework of legal proceedings.
- In addition, the details that you state upon registration will be collected and used by Beit Hatfutsot in order to provide the user with information through the site, to respond to the user’s communication, if he contacts Beit Hatfutsot, to provide the user with information on Beit Hatfutsot’s activities on various issues, such as exhibitions, lectures, courses, studies (for or without payment), including by sending e-mails.
- Any user will be entitled to notify Beit Hatfutsot of his wish not to receive e-mails by contacting _____________. This request will be handled within ___ working days. If the request is unclear and/or is missing details, the duration of the handling may be longer.
- Beit Hatfutsot’s database is registered in the Databases Register. Everyone has a right to inspect information that pertains to him and which is in the databases of Beit Hatfutsot. The manner of exercise of the right will be according to Beit Hatfutsot’s policy and according to the provisions of the Protection of Privacy Regulations and directives of the Registrar of Databases. If a person encounters wrong information about him or information that he believes to be wrong, he may contact Beit Hatfutsot, and his request will be handled in accordance with its policy and the provisions of the law.
Appropriate use of the site
- Impersonation or provision of incorrect information is prohibited.
- Users are prohibited from copying, recording, publishing, distributing, editing, modifying, etc. without Beit Hatfutsot’s permission.
Posting of content by the site’s surfers and users
- Content is posted on the Site which originates from the Site’s users. This content is posted in areas intended therefor. Delivery of content for posting on the Site does not confer on users a right to demand that the content be posted or continue to be posted.
- Beit Hatfutsot bears no responsibility for content of any kind and in any format that the users deliver for posting, and the persons who deliver the same for posting bear sole responsibility therefor and for any consequence deriving from the use thereof. This content expresses no opinion or position of Beit Hatfutsot, and the posting thereof is no guarantee of the validity, credibility, accuracy or lawfulness thereof.
- Upon the sending or delivery of content for posting on the Site and/or in the databases of Beit Hatfutsot, the sender / writer shall bear full and sole responsibility for any consequence that derives from the posting. The writer must ensure that such content is lawful. It is prohibited, inter alia and for the sake of illustration only, to post the following content:
Any content you know to be false, misleading or distorted;
Any content which prejudices or infringes property rights of others – including copyrights and trademarks;
Any content that is pornographic or of a blatant sexual nature;
Any content pertaining to minors and which identifies them, their personal details or their address and means of contacting them;
Any computer software, computer code or application that include a computer virus;
Passwords, user names and other details which allow use of computer software, digital files, websites or services, which require registration or payment, without such payment or registration;
Any content which constitutes slander of a person or violates his privacy or harms his reputation;
Any content which personally identifies other people without their having given their consent to the posting of their identity;
Any content of a harassing, offensive, hostile, intimidating or vulgar nature;
Any content which contains or encourages racism or wrongful discrimination based on race, ethnicity, skin color, denomination, nationality, religion, sex, occupation, sexual inclination, illness, physical or mental disability, faith, political view or socio-economic standing;
Any content which encourages the committing of a criminal offense or may constitute a basis for a civil claim or liability;
Any content that may mislead a consumer;
Any content of an advertising or commercial nature;
Any content which contradicts the accepted rules of using the internet or which may cause damage or harm internet users generally, and Beit Hatfutsot’s users specifically;
Any content, access to which is blocked through a password etc., and is not freely allowed for all internet users.
- If Beit Hatfutsot decides to post content that is delivered, it may edit any such content, at its discretion.
- The content delivered by the Site’s users for posting on the Site will be exposed to all users of the internet. Remember: you must act cautiously in delivery of the content.
Copyrights and intellectual property
- The copyrights and intellectual property in the Site, in the services offered and in the content included therein is owned by Beit Hatfutsot and/or a third party which has authorized Beit Hatfutsot to use and/or which Beit Hatfutsot has allowed to be added to the Site.
- The users may make “fair use” of the material according to the rules set forth in the law, including the Copyrights Law. Persons quoting from the material on the Site are obligated to state the source of the quote. It is prohibited to make any distortion, flaw or other change to the material, or to take any action which serves to reduce the value of the material, which may harm the dignity or reputation of the owner of the copyrights therein.
- Subject to copyright law, it is prohibited to copy, redistribute, rebroadcast or publish protected material through any of the various forms of media (radio, television, the press, etc.), including digital, without the prior written consent of the owner of the rights. No commercial use shall be made of the Site or of the information posted therein.
- It is prohibited to remove, delete or disrupt any notice or mark regarding intellectual property rights, for example the copyright symbol ©, or trademark symbol ®, which accompany the content used.
- Beit Hatfutsot does not claim ownership of the content provided for posting on the Site by a third party. However, when a third party provides content which is intended for posting on the Site, he confirms by the very provision thereof for posting that he owns the rights therein and that he is entitled to deliver the same for posting. If a third party is not the creator or owner of the rights in the content that he provides for posting, he confirms that he has been duly authorized by the owner of the rights, which authorization permits him to deliver the content for posting on the Site and to grant therein usage rights as specified below, and should it transpire that this is not the case, he will be responsible for any and all consequences thereof.
- Beit Hatfutsot makes every effort to prevent copyright infringements and in the event that it is discovered that an infringement has been committed, it shall make every effort to remedy the same.
- There are links on the Site or referrals to other sites which do not belong to Beit Hatfutsot and are intended for the users’ convenience only and allow content posted on the internet to be found. The content on the other sites is not posted by or on behalf of Beit Hatfutsot and it does not control or supervise the same.
The fact that Beit Hatfutsot’s Site links to such content does not attest to consent to the content thereof and constitutes no guarantee of the credibility, currentness or lawfulness thereof or of the practices of the owners of the content with respect to privacy and any other aspect involved in the operation thereof.
Beit Hatfutsot uses its best efforts in order that the referrals are to appropriate sites only, but you may find that such content does not fit your requirements or that you object to the content thereof, or that you believe that they are aggravating, irritating, unsuitable, unlawful or immoral. Beit Hatfutsot is not responsible for the content to which the links lead and is not responsible for any consequence that is caused by use thereof or reliance thereon.
- Without derogating from the aforesaid, Beit Hatfutsot is not liable for any direct or consequential damage caused to users as a result of use of or reliance on the information and content appearing on sites that they reach through or via use of or a link on Beit Hatfutsot’s Site.
- Beit Hatfutsot does not undertake that the links on the Site are in order and will lead you to an active website, and it may remove links included thereon in the past, or refrain from adding new links – all at its absolute discretion.
- The service is offered “as is”, and Beit Hatfutsot bears no responsibility for the service and/or the service’s suitability for the users’ needs, their characteristics, abilities or limitations in respect of the use.
- Beit Hatfutsot bears no responsibility for the content provided by users of the Site, and the persons who provided the same for posting bear sole responsibility therefor and for any consequence deriving therefrom. This content expresses no opinion or position of Beit Hatfutsot, and the posting thereof is no guarantee of the validity, credibility, accuracy or lawfulness thereof.
- In addition, there may be errors, contradictions or discrepancies etc. Beit Hatfutsot is not responsible for any damage that is caused due to reliance on the information.
- The user alone is responsible for the use of Beit Hatfutsot’s Site and databases.
- Beit Hatfutsot protects the data on the Site through advanced data protection systems. However, it cannot undertake that the services and the information on the Site and on the servers is absolutely immune to hacking and/or attempts to hack the computers, and Beit Hatfutsot is not liable for any damage caused to data and/or documents and/or databases and/or any other information that is provided thereto and is in the databases, including loss of such data and information.
- Beit Hatfutsot does not undertake that the service provided on the Site will be provided as required, without interruptions and disruptions and/or will be immune to unlawful access, damage, flaws, faults, failures in hardware, software or the transmission lines at Beit Hatfutsot or any of its suppliers.
- Beit Hatfutsot will bear no liability for any damage caused to a user or to any third party as a direct or indirect result of use of the service, including damage caused due to use of software applications downloaded directly through the service or operated as a result of use of the service, and the users alone will bear responsibility for the manner in which they use the service.
Changes to the Site and discontinuation of the service
- Beit Hatfutsot reserves the right to make any change to the Site, including the structure of the Site, the services offered thereon, their content, scope and availability, links and any other change, as it deems fit, according to its exclusive decision and without any need to give prior notice thereof on the Site.
- Users shall entertain no claim or lawsuit against Beit Hatfutsot due to the making of such changes, or due to faults that occur incidentally to the making thereof.
- Beit Hatfutsot may decide, at any time, to close the Site and discontinue provision of the services through it.
- We wish you beneficial use of the services offered on the Site. We are happy to receive responses and comments.
- In addition, you shall indemnify the Site’s operator, its employees, managers, or anyone on its behalf for any claim, lawsuit and/or demand that shall be raised against them by any third party as a result of content that you delivered for posting.
Law and jurisdiction
- On any issue pertaining to use of the Site, you may use the “Contact Us” form.
Welcome to the database site.
- The databases are intended for personal use only and not for commercial use.
- The information included on the site, provided in part by the general public and the various users, may appear in a non-uniform manner and there is no undertaking and/or commitment to suitability for any purpose or use, and Beit Hatfutsot is not responsible for the veracity of the content thereof.
- The Site’s users are obligated to act pursuant to law, in good faith, with personal and public responsibility not to violate the law. No content should be uploaded to the Site which constitutes an infringement of copyrights, slander, libel or a violation of any other law, including the disclosure of private documents that are protected by the Protection of Privacy Law, designs, patents and trade secrets.
- Beit Hatfutsot is not responsible for any infringement of copyrights, slander, libel or violation of any other law, including the disclosure of private documents, designs, patents and trade secrets, and the users alone are responsible for such acts.
- Users may not create another database based on Beit Hatfutsot’s database. The database shall not be used in a manner which may disrupt and/or impair the database, such as viruses, changes to the site, infringement of copyrights, etc.
- Part of Beit Hatfutsot’s databases is a genealogy database on Jewish families in all periods and from all communities of Israel throughout the Diaspora and Eretz Israel. The genealogy database allows, inter alia, users to build a family tree of their family. Genealogical information is submitted to Beit Hatfutsot on a voluntary basis of persons submitting the information and under their responsibility only.
- The recording of a person in the database of the Douglas E. Goldman Jewish Genealogy Center does not constitute any proof of the Jewishness of such person in any sense and meaning.
- The recording of a person in the database of the Douglas E. Goldman Jewish Genealogy Center does not constitute any proof of the personal status of such person and cannot serve as proof or evidence of any legal merit before a Rabbinical or other court, subject to the laws of the State of Israel.
- The genealogical information at the Douglas E. Goldman Jewish Genealogy Center does not serve as any legal proof with respect to the familial relationship that does or does not exist between certain persons, for any purpose, including laws of matrimony, both in terms of Jewish law and pursuant to the laws of the State of Israel.
- The genealogical information at the Douglas E. Goldman Jewish Genealogy Center does not serve as any legal proof with respect to the familial relationship that does or does not exist between certain persons for any purpose, including ownership of property and laws of inheritance and guardianship.
- Beit Hatfutsot is not responsible for the content of the information of any type that is delivered to the Douglas E. Goldman Jewish Genealogy Center. The person delivering the information, i.e. the owner of the family tree or his representative, bears sole responsibility for the content of the information, the veracity of the information and the manner of presentation thereof, for the inclusion or non-inclusion of any data or for any detail that is delivered to Beit Hatfutsot.
- Beit Hatfutsot is not responsible in any way for any use that is made by any person, company, institution or organization in Israel or elsewhere of any type of information that is delivered by the Douglas E. Goldman Jewish Genealogy Center to such entities.
- Beit Hatfutsot is not responsible for anything recorded in a family tree or in any other type of information that is delivered thereto in respect of anything which may harm the reputation, feelings, dignity, body, property and/or status of any person recorded in the family tree, regardless of whether he is alive or has passed. However, the person submitting the family tree agrees not to deliver any information which may harm the reputation, dignity, feelings, body, property and/or status of any person, regardless of whether he is alive or has passed. If such information is delivered, Beit Hatfutsot may, if it learns thereof following the making of an internal inquiry and/or following an application on behalf of a third party, refuse to include such information in the database owned by Beit Hatfutsot or demand that the owner of the specific family tree or his representative amend or delete the information recorded therein, all as the case may be. This does not require of Beit Hatfutsot to carry out an independently-initiated inquiry into all of the information delivered to the Douglas E. Goldman Jewish Genealogy Center.
- Beit Hatfutsot is not responsible for any medical information delivered thereto in any family tree, and such information cannot serve as legal proof with respect to the medical condition of any person recorded in the family tree or his descendants or other members of his family throughout the generations.
- Any person submitting a family tree to the Douglas E. Goldman Jewish Genealogy Center hereby expresses his consent that any and all information in the family tree that he delivered will be available to the public for the purpose of carrying out genealogical searches and/or other research
- Any person submitting a family tree to the Douglas E. Goldman Jewish Genealogy Center agrees, upon submission of the family tree, that his identity, address, telephone numbers and e-mail address which he provided shall be delivered to any person requesting to make inquiries or research in respect of the information in the family tree that he delivered to the Douglas E. Goldman Jewish Genealogy Center.
- A person submitting a family tree or his representative to the database of the Douglas E. Goldman Jewish Genealogy Center shall entertain no demand or claim for financial or other compensation on behalf of Beit Hatfutsot, for delivery of the family tree or for the services that Beit Hatfutsot provides for payment.
- Family trees that are provided to Beit Hatfutsot by users – ownership of the tree belongs to the person submitting the family tree or his representative. Consequently, the person submitting the tree reserves the full right with respect to the inclusion or non-inclusion and presentation or non-presentation of the family tree that he submitted to Beit Hatfutsot or of parts thereof or any type of information that is included therein in the database of the Douglas E. Goldman Jewish Genealogy Center. The owner of the family tree will be entitled, at any time, to update and/or amend and/or request its removal from the database of Beit Hatfutsot, and Beit Hatfutsot undertakes to remove the same.
Users should note that even in the event that the family tree is removed, it may appear elsewhere in the event that it was distributed, copied or stored by others up to the date of its removal.
- An application on behalf of a third party for removal of his details from the database will require Beit Hatfutsot to act according to the following provisions:
- In the event of a demand to make changes to the content of a family tree, the person demanding such change must approach the person who submitted the family tree or his representative directly. Beit Hatfutsot will make changes only after the full written consent of the person who submitted the tree or his representative is received.
- In the event that the owner of the tree refuses to make changes to the tree at the request of a third party, such third party may appeal such refusal with the Magistrates Court, subject to the laws of the State of Israel. Beit Hatfutsot undertakes to honor any decision and ruling of any court of law of the State of Israel.
Use of the site constitutes your consent to this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, do not use the site.