Genealogical and Archival Databases
The open database website is always available for search and inquiries, from anywhere at anytime at https://dbs.bh.org.il/
If you prefer to use them while visiting the museum, our study area is located at the lobby, during these opening hours:
Sunday-Thursday: 10am-4pm; Friday: 9am-1pm (*Please note: system problems may occur due to applying a new platform. We are doing our best to fix them quickly. Thank you for your patience.)
Please note: visitors are kindly requested to exit the museum at closing time
- Our Core Exhibition, which has been displayed since 1978, is now closed for renovation. A new core exhibition will open in 2019
- Synagogue models from our renowned collection are now on display in the permanent exhibition Hallelujah! Assemble, Pray, Study – Synagogues Past and Present in the New Wing. Also on permanent view in the New Wing: Heroes – Trailblazers of the Jewish People.
- The exhibition Capturing History – The Photography of Chim is on display until June 2018
- Temporary exhibition: Jewish Humor opens March 28, 2018.
Irregular Closing Days:
The Museum will be CLOSED on:
- Sunday, February 11, 2018
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018
- Sunday, April 15, 2018
- Sunday, May 27, 2018
- Sunday, June 24, 2018
- Sunday, July 15, 2018
- Sunday, September 16, 2018
- Sunday, October 14, 2018
- Sunday, November 25, 2018
- Sunday, December 23, 2018
Irregularities during holidays
- Friday, March 30, 2018 – closed (Pesach eve)
- Saturday, March 31, 2018 – closed (Pesach)
- Thursday, April 5, 2018 – open 9am-2pm
- Friday, April 6, 2018 – open 9am-2pm
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018 – open 10am-2pm (Holocaust Day eve)
- Tuesday, April 17, 2018 – open 10am-2pm (Memorial Day eve)
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018 – open 10am-7pm (Independence Day)
- Saturday, May 19 – open 10am-2pm (Shavuot eve)
- Sunday, May 20 – open 10am-3pm (Shavuot)
- Saturday, July 21 – open 9am-2pm (Tisha B’Av eve)
Getting here and Parking
Beit Hatfutsot is located on the campus of Tel-Aviv University, Klausner Street, in Ramat Aviv.
Entrance through Matatia Gate 2.
Beit Hatfutsot is easily accessible from the Ayalon Highway.
- Campus Gate no. 1
- Mitchell parking lot, 70 Levanon St.
- School of Social Work, 83 George Wise St.
- Social Science, 2 Klauzner St.
- Smolarz Auditorium, 16 George Wise St.
- Registration parking lot, 25 Klatzkin St.
- Sport Center lot, 60 Levanon St.
*On Saturdays/holidays, parking is only allowed on Klauzner st. outside campus; entering Beit Hatfutsot via gate no. 2 only.
Beit Hatfutsot is located on the campus of Tel-Aviv University, Klausner Street, in Ramat Aviv. Entrance through Matatia Gate 2.
Click for a large view:
Internal Tel Aviv Campus Map
Click for a large view:
- Egged: 274, 271, 222, 572, 270
- Dan: 7, 25, 289, 45
- Kavim: 94, 137
- The closest railway station to the Museum is “Tel-Aviv University”
- Connections via Dan bus lines 7, 45
Adult: 45 NIS
Children: 45 NIS
“Olim”, Soldiers: 22 NIS
Senior citizen: 22 NIS
- Children under 5 year old – free entrance
- Soldiers in uniform – free entrance (please show i.d.)
- Groups, agents, guided groups – please call us in advance: 03-7457808
Our Mailing Address:
P.O.B. 39359 Tel Aviv
The exhibitions, auditoriums, cafeteria and lobby are all wheelchair accessible.